Professor Filius Flitwick celebrated his birthday last Thursday, October 17. I may not have much time to write an in-depth analysis, but I will not let his birth month pass without writing even a short and simple article about him.
So here is a list of my five favorite things about the Charms professor:
1. He is the Head of Ravenclaw House! If you have read my about page, you probably know that I am a Ravenclaw. Even for this reason alone, I can say that I am fond of Prof. Flitwick.
2. He is a very caring teacher! When Death Eaters invaded Hogwarts in The Half Blood Prince, he did his best to protect his students. A few moments after recovering from his getting knocked out, he immediately returned to the side of his students. In The Deathly Hallows, he returned to teach at Hogwarts in order to safeguard his students from the Carrows.
3. He may be small due to his being part-goblin, but Professor Flitwick is great wizard. He was a model student during his learning days at Hogwarts. He was a duelling champion. He would use his talent in Charms to decorate Hogwarts during holidays and to set up protective measures in times of need.
4. He has been described as unperturbed by the inspections of Umbridge. It seems that he has managed to go on with his class the usual way and has not allowed his disdain of Umbridge to get in the way of quality teaching.
5. He defeated Antonin Dolohov in battle. Dolohov killed Remus Lupin, one of my most favorite characters. In a way, Flitwick, by defeating Dolohov, avenged Lupin’s death.
There you go! I hope you got entertained by this short post.
What about you? Do you have anything to say about Prof. Flitwick?